Welcome to my photography website. What this will become, I don't know. But after years and years of taking photographs of everyone and everything I could, and plenty of encouragement from friends and family, and most recently, the nice man at Ritz Camera in Salem, NH, I'm finally giving it a go in offering some of my work up as "art" for anyone who likes my photographs enough to hang them on their wall or send them as a card.
As a kid, I remember using my parents' Polaroid or crappy Vivitar cameras to snap pictures. Then when I was in high school I asked for my own camera for my birthday. My dad took me to the camera store in Northampton and bought me a Pentax which I thought was pretty fancy. I have albums upon albums documenting high school, college, and life in my twenties -- friends, family, parties, pets, kids I babysat for, vacations. You name it, I photographed it.
Then of course, came my two girls, who may be two of the most photographed children on the planet. At this point they cringe when they see the camera pointed at them, but occasionally, and usually with a bribe, they'll sit still and smile for me.
But beyond that, I have grown to love documenting the world around me with photographs. The more I take pictures, the more my eyes open to the little things that often go unnoticed. Like how pretty salt and pepper look when sprinkled on fresh brussels sprouts. Or the shine on an ordinary kitchen whisk when the sunlight is bouncing off of it. Or just how cool bumblebees are when you get up super close to them (and, really, they're too busy collecting nectar to bother with stinging...)
And THAT is the photography I love, and that I am happy to share with whomever would like to enjoy it.
If you're interested in purchasing any prints, please check out my Picasa Gallery and email me at cristen@cristenfarrell.com to let me know which photos you're interested in (photo #/title is listed under each image). I can take checks or credit cards through Paypal. Prices are listed on the right side of this page. In the near future, I hope to have a more streamlined ordering process, but this will work for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment