Old Blog

Hello - You have reached my (VERY!) old blog at this address, but please click here to view my current portfolio!




Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Andover Historical Society, Part 1 - Andover, MA Interior Photographer

I've always loved history, antiques, and old houses. When Jeff and I moved to Andover almost 10 years ago, we sought out a house that was at least 100 years old. (Looking back, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, but that's another story!). I love old places and things because they have history and a story behind them. We don't always know what it that history is, but it's fun to think about what life was like during a time that was so different.

So, when I heard last Spring that the Andover Historical Society was looking for a volunteer photographer to help them publicize their work and to help to document the Amos Blanchard House and Museum, I knew it was the perfect fit for me. For my first assignment, I was given access to the house to photograph the china, furniture and other treasures along with the period rooms of the house.

As I peered into the china cupboards I oohed and ahhed at the beautiful dishes, tea cups, soup tureens and pewter that filled the shelves. Each room in the house has its own personality -- from the formal parlor to the boarders room, to the servant's area, and I tried to capture the small details in each space. Here are a few of my favorites from my day there.

Love this soup tureen!
The Parlor.

The boarders room. Students from Phillips Academy lived here. 

These boots look SO lived in! I wonder who they belonged to...

I loved the mix of colors in the bedroom.

The study
The kitchen

The very simple servants room.

Watch for my next post with details on some of the great programs that AHS offers to the community. And if you haven't visited the Amos Blanchard House you should stop by for a tour!

1 comment:

  1. Cristen,
    As always the photos are gorgeous every time I see them and the Historical Society has been thrilled to have you working with us. Thanks for being so supportive of our efforts and for using your talents to showcase what we do!

    ~Carrie and the rest of staff, volunteers & Board at Andover Historical Society

    ReplyDelete