Old Blog

Hello - You have reached my (VERY!) old blog at this address, but please click here to view my current portfolio!




Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Baby Audrey - Boston, MA Newborn Photographer

I am always looking at other photographers' newborn photos online, and before my first newborn session a few months ago I thought I was going to need to learn how they managed to get these little babies into adorable Anne Geddes-like poses or put them in baskets or buckets or other such items.

But as I was making myself crazy wondering how I would go about this, I realized something... that is not my style. While those photographs are often really beautiful, when I think about what I want my work to reflect I come back to the fact that I want it to be real. More than anything else.

So, when it comes to newborns, I make sure my clients know ahead of time that I don't do a lot of posing. And I don't put babies in things that babies don't normally go in.

What I do, is try to document a family's world with this new little person who has come into it. Because those days when baby first comes home go so fast.  So capturing the essence of life with that tiny little person, when they are still small enough to snuggle into your forearm or sit in your bent knees as you "chat" with them, is my primary goal.

Here are a few from my latest newborn session with adorable Audrey and her parents. Another gorgeous family!














2 comments:

  1. Cristen, these pictures are awesome! I heard about the wedding you just photographed and can't wait to see some shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stefania!! The wedding was so much fun! I shot for another photographer, so I can't post them until she gives me the green light, but I am excited to share some!

      Delete